Libraries around the world have been playing a vital role in linking the distance between those who have and who do not have access to free and vital information existing in different forms and formats. Accordingly, libraries existed to help create an informed society and advocate digital literacy along with security tips by offering excellent resources necessary for life-long learning and varied literacy programs. The library embraces the social responsibility to offer services that will bridge the cultural, educational, religious, and economical diversity.
To enhance the implementation or delivery of multi-literacy programs. Hence, this activity draws inspiration from the 21st century skills trends, IFLA data protection policy, and the National Privacy Commission of the Philippines.
Theme: Emerging elements of 21st century information professionals
- To provide knowledge behind the emerging digital technologies
- Educate participants on digital literacy, security, and ethics
- To exchange knowledge on appropriate methodologies and ethical issues in digital literacy, multimodal practices in digital security, and to foster innovation in this area of profession.
Topics and Schedules:
October 11, 2018
|8:31- 9:30am||Opening Ceremonies||Invocation, national anthem, welcome remarks, and seminar mechanics|
|Cyber hygiene (Mobile, computer, databases and network security)/ Buford Laruan (Network administrator, BSU)
Diversity of Data: RDA in the International Context/ Joven Donga-as,CL II, BSU
|12:01- 1:29:pm||Lunch break|
|1:00-1:30pm||Product demonstration||RFID technologies for libraries. / Wiserf|
|1:31pm-3:00pm||Third lecture||Data Privacy Act of 2012 or RA 10173/ Atty. Reynante Basco, BSU|
Updates on librarianship and COGS/Prof. Thelma Kim, Former PLAI National President.
October 12, 2018
|8:30- 9:30am||Fourth lecture||Ethical practices in the digital era/ Christian Acevedo. Chief Librarian. Capiz State University|
|10:00-11:00am||Fifth lecture||Data Protection/ Reynante S. Marrero, BSU|
|11:01-12:00||Six lecture||Data management and privacy initiatives of BSU library / Karl Sibayan. CL 1, BSU|
|1:00-1:29pm||Product demonstration||Britannica/ Cristy Carlos|
|1:30-3:00pm||c/o CARLC officers||President’s report & General assembly|
|3:31-4:00pm||c/o Secretariat||Distribution of Certificates and closing program|
- UP-Baguio Library
- In cooperation with Philippine Librarians Association Incorporated- Cordilllera Administrative Region Librarians Council
- PLAI-CARLC Officers
- PLAI members
- Non- PLAI member participant/s
Date and Venue:
October 11&12, 2018; 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM – Sarmiento Hall, UP- Baguio City.
- Registration: Nami Lopez, Clara Patnaan, Carl Sibayan & Novie graille Madalang
- Kits: Lauren Kipaan, Easter Pablo, Selly Madalang and Karl Sibayan
- Food: Menchie Mangahas, Amelia Cendana & UP Baguio librarians
- Hall preparation: UP Baguio Librarians and Andres Aten-an
- Documentation: Gladys Wakat & Jocelyn Dagusen
- Printing: Florita Garcia, Karl Sibayan, & Andres Aten-an
- Layout: Verna Dumecquias
- Ways and means: Lauren Kipaan & Amelia Cendana
- Promotions: Marilou Pasion & PLAI-CARLC Officers
- Master of Ceremonies: Julie De la Pena & Marilou Pasion
- Accommodation: Amelia Cendana & UPB Librarians
- Tokens/ Honorariums: Carl Sibayan & Lauren Kipaan
- Restoration: UP Librarians & PLAI-CARLC Officers
- Wiserf Technologies Inc.
- Amathea Educational Systems
- Serv Enterprises
- Airbooks- Universal Magazine
- Forfront Book Company
Pictures during the Seminar